If you didn’t already know Annie read here
I hope the next forty eight challenges are warmer than the first four.
Probably not helped by jumping in at the deep-end with a 4°C swim on 1st January, I have spent a lot of time shivering this month.
I’m on a massive high though, have met awesome people and bizarrely all this activity has given me even more energy than usual (which is a lot).
After the icy Hampstead Ponds swim, my second challenge was a frosty Battersea 10k race, the third a freezing cycle to Epping Forest and last weekend, a chilly duathlon in the Olympic Park.
January has been a test run for how on earth I fit everything in and make this project sustainable.
Bear in mind I work 11 hours a day and am not one to stay cooped up at home in the evenings so juggling training and sleep is a constant battle.
Having said that, I’m cramming in even more than just #ChallengeX52. This year’s about saying yes more to all things active.
Everything I do is inclusive and open to all – upcoming adventures are shared through my blog, on instagram and on twitter so follow for ideas and inspiration.
February will see me surfing in Cornwall and covering some miles on the bike as I gear up for a massive March.
Closer to home, come join the 30+ people who have already signed up to the 10 mile walk through London on Saturday 7th February.
Before you skip off to choose your challenges – I have two requests for you.
1. Please share your top playlists – I am building a Spotify library for all of you to turn to when you need a refresh. Please e-mail me links/ screenshots of your top tunes.
2. Please help me raise money for Children with Cancer – I’m cycling to Paris to run the half-marathon in aid of the hugely worthy cause. In a few clicks you’ll have donated so please give anything you can spare, no matter how small.
To keep it simple, these are the top three links you need:
• Annie’s 52 (where you’ll find write ups of completed challenges, plus details of what’s on the horizon)
• Contact (with all my details, plus a link to donate and mailing list sign up)
• Blog (which touch on everyday exercise ideas and general lifestyle topics)
…keep your eyes peeled for tips on exercising in winter, buying a bike, playlists and workplace nutrition.